Health Improvement & Education
Part of the Area Agency on Aging: help individuals remain in their own homes as long as safely possible
Services: volunteer opportunities and community evidence based classes
ICL offers free lectures at Dixie State University. This semester is all about living long, healthy lives. The Live Long Live Well (Live!) program is dedicated to creating a community where individuals live long, healthy, active and happy lives. In partnership with DSU, Intermountain Healthcare and the city of St George, we will be offering programs that promote physical, cognitive and social-emotional health. To that end, we are featuring wellness experts who will provide practical wisdom on longevity.
Services: The LiVe Well Center provides a wide variety of wellness testing, fitness classes, and personal consultation. Qualified health professionals work with you to achieve both short and long-range wellness goals. Our whole-person approach to well-being offers solutions that are reasonably priced and personalized for you specific needs.
We are committed to meeting the educational needs of our new and expanding families at Dixie Regional Medical Center. Our programs aim to support our families physically, emotionally, and educationally. We continue to expand our prenatal and family educational offerings to meet the needs of families of child-bearing age and beyond.
Food & Nutrition
Mission: Provide fresh fruit and vegetables, crafts, freshly made food and drinks in a festive atmosphere of booths run by local vendors.
Services: Open every Saturday from 8am to noon, May through October, there are a couple of dozen booths selling fruit, vegetables, meat, flowers, fresh hot food, goods such as aprons, jewelry, arts and crafts, tee shirts, as well as a place to sign various petitions as wooden furniture. All booths are stationed by local Washington County vendors.
Mission: The Washington County Extension Family Life and Consumer Sciences Program is here to assist the community, families and individuals with information, education and other tools to increase the quality of life in Southern Utah. Our resources can enrich family life with food and nutrition helps and life skills
- USU Extension Food $ense program offers a variety of classes on planning, cooking, and eating such as
- Creating and sticking to a food budget
- Planning a menu
- Simple rules to follow to save money at the grocery store
- Cooking basics, skills, and safety
- Eating well, improving nutrition, and eating together as a family
Classes and lessons change frequently so go to their website, click on Home Family & Food, Food, Food $ense (SNAP-ED) for up to date details.
Mission: To empower homeless families and individuals in Southern Utah by addressing the underlying cause of poverty. Providing an individualized, comprehensive plan that supports them on their journey to self-sufficiency and the opportunity to contribute to the community.
- Food assistance through an on-site emergency food pantry
- Accessible Community Soup Kitchen
- On-site case management for every client
- Help obtaining lost or stolen identification
- Access to employment assistance programs
- Help obtaining educational assistance (GED)
- Access to substance abuse cessation classes
- Access to transportation vouchers
- Help with application and eligibility processes for Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc.
- Help in local affordable housing & subleases
- Access to Veteran housing programs
- Job Shadow Programs through the Switchpoint Thrift Store & doggy daycare, Bed ‘n’ Biscuits
- Assist in obtaining access to mental health services
- On-site showers for non-residents
- On-site computer lab for residents and community members
- On-site laundry facility for residents & non-residents
- Clean, safe emergency quarters
The Healthy Habits group is sharing with the Live! program restaurants they have identified as offering healthy food options. Out of about 25 restaurants that applied, seven were selected by nutritionists and awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze Healthy Habits awards. Click the link below to learn more.
Mission: Provides bus service to St. George and surrounding areas
SUNTRAN has an interactive website that shows where each bus on any given route is, and what time it will arrive. There are six routes:
1. Red Cliff
3. West Side Connector
6. Dixie Dr South
$1.00 for age 6 to 64
50 Cents for 65 and older or ADA disabled.
All transfers are free from one bus to another at one of our two transit centers.
Mission: This is a service provided by Zagster to make bicycles available to anyone who needs one, for a nominal cost
1. Download the Zagster app and join the Live Well St. George bike share.
2. Find your bike’s number and enter it into the Zagster app to get a unique unlock code.
3. Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad. After the ring lock opens, remove the docking cable from the side of the ring lock
4. Return your bike at a Live Well St. George Zagster station.
5. Lock the bike using the built in locking mechanism. Tap END RIDE in the Zagster app.
6. For quick stops away from a Live Well St. George Zagster station, you can lock to any public rack.
Mission: The mission of the Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling as an effective and sustainable form of transportation, recreation, and as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. The Collective provides refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on children and lower income households.
- Good Will Bikes – Our Goodwill Bikes program provides free bicycles to anyone who can’t afford to purchase one. Goodwill Bikes may be earned through 6 hours of volunteer service.
- Buy a Bike – We carry diverse, ever-changing selection of fully-refurbished used bikes. Because all our bikes are donated, you never know what you’ll find.
- Community Bike Shop – Want to fix your own bicycle? During Open Shop hours, we have up to six workbenches of professional-grade bike tools available for public use.
- Bike Mechanics 101 for Volunteers. This class is FREE for members or if you stick around to volunteer for an hour.
Behavioral Health Services
Mission: Eagle Ranch Outpatient Services will give you hope and provide you with tools to find a better way to live.
Open 9am to 9pm Monday – Saturday.
The Eagle Ranch Outpatient program is designed for people who are struggling with problems associated with addictions, substance use and abuse, or the co-occuring disorders associated with substance use.
Eagle Ranch Outpatient provides assessment and primary treatment services for both Adults and Adolescents 12-17, seeking treatment for substance use and mental health disorders. Pending medical and clinical assessment, the Intensive Outpatient Program will be for individuals who do not require medically supervised detoxification.
We offer individual counseling, family and couples counseling, and group counseling.
Mission: Our specialty clinic provides compassionate care for your behavioral health needs. Our providers treat depression, anxiety, adult and pediatric ADHD, eating disorders, autism and Asperger’s, bipolar disorder, and more. We discuss all available treatment options such as medications, healthy thinking and lifestyle changes, psychotherapy, and alternative remedies.
We treat a wide variety of afflictions including
- Attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder
- Anorexia nervosa
- Anxiety disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder
- We offer comprehensive mental health services for all stages of life
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chemical dependency
- Intermountain’s Dayspring Chemical Dependency Program offers evidence-based treatment.
- Eating disorders
- Heart Care
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Women’s Health and Women and newborn care
Mission: The MISSION Act strengthens VA’s ability to deliver trusted, easy to access, high quality care at VA facilities, virtually through telehealth, and in your community. That means you get the care and services you need, where and when you need them.
Open weekdays from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Individual and group counseling for Veterans, service members, and their families
- Family counseling for military related issues
- Bereavement (grief) counseling
- Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
- Community outreach and education
- Substance abuse assessment and referral
- Employment referral
- Referral of other VA services
Mission: Our mission at Intermountain is helping people live the healthiest life possible, which we achieve by treating both mind and body.
At Intermountain Healthcare, we employ professionals who help to treat individuals with behavioral health disorders such as anxiety, autism spectrum disorders, eating disorders, and more. We treat:
- Autism and Autism Spectrum disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder
- PTSD disorder
- Substance Abuse disorder
Mission: At Family Healthcare, we are committed to “Making Lives Better” by removing the barriers hard working families, such as yours, face in receiving health care services. At Family Healthcare, you receive: affordable payment options, patient-centered care, caring and professional doctors and staff, walk-in and same-day appointments, bi-lingual service, a discounted pharmacy program, discounted dental services, and discounted mental health care.
Mission: FourPoints Health believes that everyone should receive quality health care at a price they can afford. We choose to provide excellent care every day and take pride in our service. We’re an open door to our community – everyone is welcome here. We want you to be truly healthy. As a result, in addition to treating the immediate need, we also teach you how to live a healthy live to avoid sickness. We believe that your well being includes more than treating your body and should include your mind, emotions, and spirit as well. These Four Points define your health in the Paiute way of life.
Mission: Our mission is to provide access to affordable health care services to the uninsured members of our community, living 200% below poverty.
Non-urgent and semi-urgent medical care, mental health services, dental services, women’s clinic, and several specialty clinics. 100% of the doctors and dentists providing care are volunteers. Services include:
- General Medical Clinic – Services include diagnosis and treatment for non-urgent problems such as sore throats, URI’s, chronic disease problems, dermatology, and other symptoms and semi-urgent care such as lacerations, casting or splinting for simple fractures, wart removal, incisions and drainage, toenail removals for infections.
- Mental Health Clinic – The Mental Health Clinic at The Doctors Volunteer Clinic provides our clients with access to counseling and psychiatry services.
- Dental Clinic – Services provided are exams, X-rays, emergency extractions, and fillings. We work with local dentists to provide affordable dental care for the low-income and uninsured in our community.
- Specialty Clinics including Diabetes and Hypertension Clinic, Allergy and Immunology Clinic, Women’s Clinic, Urology, Orthopedics, and Internal Medicine Clinics, Podiatry Clinic, Pediatric Clinic, Infectious Disease, and a Nutritional clinic.
Family & Group Support
Mission: To empower survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault through education and resources to increase safety and promote healing from trauma.
Dove Center offers shelter, advocacy, and counseling, as well as training for advocates. Victims of domestic violence can find help with
- A 24 hour helpline
- Safe shelter called the Dove House
- An outreach center where we receive all donations, conduct volunteer or community trainings, and take care of the daily business of DOVE Center.
- Counseling and Support group
- Case management where each client is connected to a case manager who is a point person for them as they navigate a journey to self-sufficiency and independence.
- Rape and sexual assault victim advocacy
- Court advocacy where trained staff and volunteers provide assistance with filing Protective Orders and Stalking Injunctions and attend associated hearings with clients to provide emotional support.
- Medical advocacy
- On campus advocacy at Dixie State University
- We also offer training to persons who want to become advocates
Mission: The Family Support Center (FSC) of Washington County believes in a community-centered, family-focused approach to supporting the needs of children and families. The FSC is a non-profit organization in Saint George, Utah that operates on funding from federal grants and the generosity of private groups and individuals.
See the website for full description of the following services
- Respite care. The FSC provides Planned Respite care for children ages newborn to eleven.
- Crisis care. The FSC provides Crisis Care for children age’s birth through eleven.
- Resource referrals
- Adoption respite. In-home respite care provides adoptive parents with a break from the constant demands of caring for their special needs adopted child (children).
- Parental education. The FSC utilizes STEP, an in-home parenting education course
Mission: NAMI Utah’s mission is to ensure the dignity and improve the lives of those who live with mental illness and their families through support, education and advocacy.
We offer weekly support groups for people experiencing mental illness to learn more about their condition and skills that may help them cope with their condition. We also offer a contact group in the form of an open forum where participants can share their experiences, and help support each other.
We also offer weekly support groups for families with members experiencing mental illness to learn more about mental illness, help them learn skills to cope and communicate, and to share their experiences with other families.
We also offer classes on the following topics. All classes start at 6PM. See website for dates.
- Family Support Group
- Connection Recovery Support Group
Mission: Utah State University Extension provides research-based programs and resources with the goal of improving the lives of individuals, families and communities throughout Utah.
Counceling, videos, lectures and more on the following areas.
* Building Strong Children
* Divorce Orientation
* Healthy Relationships Utah
* Live Well Utah
* Remarriage & Stepfamilies
Live Long. Live Well.